With the internet making the world a smaller place, it’s very easy to think that networking can be done through social media and social media alone. However, even with the people you meet on social media, you still need to find a way to have face-to-face meetings. Here’s why face-to-face networking is important.
- Immediate feedback – If all of your meetings are done through email or on social media, then you don’t get that immediate and direct feedback that you do when you’re face to face. You also can’t tell someone’s tone or demeanor if everything is done through typing. This makes it very easy to misconstrue someone’s intent or what they were saying.
If you are discussing something in person, then the exchange you have will go differently than it will online. There’s more give and take, so to speak. It’s just faster this way.
- A personal touch – Having those face-to-face meetings are always just going to be more personal and give you a better way to show who you really are. It’s hard to see what someone’s personality is when you can’t actually see them or hear them. If you want your personality to shine, then you need to have those face-to-face meetings.
Builds stronger relationships – There needs to be a human connection. It just builds stronger relationships. You can think a person is great when you meet them online, but to actually see them in action and be a part of their energy is a whole other story.
You cannot build a strong relationship with someone if you’ve never spent physical space together. You get to see how they connect with other people as well when you meet with them in person.
- You can read people – There’s a way that we communicate in person that just cannot be expressed on the internet. You can read someone’s body language; you can pick up on sarcasm better when you can hear the tone of someone’s voice or see their face. You just learn so much about a person by seeing their mannerisms.
Avoid misunderstandings – You might think you are being very clear when you communicate on the internet, but how someone else interprets it is a completely different thing. This is why things can get so heated on the internet. They can quickly escalate with a misunderstanding.
When you have face-to-face conversations, you have a better opportunity to explain your position to help people come to an agreement on things. You can specifically tailor your message to the audience of who you are speaking to instead of such a large group of people with wildly different points of view.
Using social media to network is great too, but it’s still important to get out there and make personal connections. Whether it be at local business events or you find ways to link up with your online connections, it’s going to be very important to create face-to-face meetings to strengthen those connections.
As the Internet continues to become a fantastic hub for social networking, it also becomes a viable location to find work. The benefits of working online include the ability to work from home on your own schedule and with your own time in mind. In regards to the social aspects of the Internet world, the most common is in the forum format.
These forums are locations that have increasing numbers, and because of the sheer volume, a website and forum owner finds themselves in need of moderators. This is the kind of a job that enables a person to work at their pace on their time. This makes a fantastic opportunity for a mom to find a consistent job from home.
Forum moderators are often in demand, as many sites are growing rapidly with the surge of online jobs and telecommute opportunities. Communities are built around a forum, so the forum needs to remain a source of valuable conversational exchange. Moderators assure this by eliminating any non-productive conversations, limiting or eliminating any form of negativity between members, and promoting a comfortable virtual atmosphere where people freely exchange ideas specific to the goals of the forum.
This keeps the given forum running smoothly, and enables the members to speak freely while knowing what they speak about is in tune with the goals of everyone on the site.
Increasing membership is also an aspect many forums expect from a good moderator. This is easily done by simply being a part of the venue daily, and watching for the more valuable threads, which should be bookmarked. This simply means to sign up with a social bookmarking site, like Stumble or Digg, and select the thread. Once it is up on the screen, the moderator, you, would submit the link to the social bookmarking site.
This will enable people to see what a great forum you are working for, and they will stop in and bring their expertise and experiences with them. There are many other simple ways to promote a forum, that the members themselves will do when there are active and quality moderators on the site. Word of mouth, even online, is the most powerful for of all promotion.
Spam is also a major issue in these forums. At times, people will sign up simply to advertise and bring no value to the site or the forum. After logging in on a daily basis, it will be evident, which posts these are, and how quickly they need to be deleted. To keep them out of view of the active members, a good moderator is going to be watchful of these in every part of the forum. If at all possible, it is also important to remove the spamming members to avoid encouraging them to further diminish the forum and the value it holds for the members.
With the variety of sites online, there is an incredible array of potential venues for forum moderators. This makes the position of forum moderator ideal for any working mom. The flexible schedule can be worked around doctor’s appointments and children’s events. This also enables a mom to interact with other adults in a social format, they may not get every day.
This position, which fits the hectic schedule of any mom, also creates many options for additional jobs, as people will begin to get to know how you work, and what you are able to accomplish. Opening the doors, increasing the home income, and enabling you to be with your family is one of the many options available while seeking to work from home.
- Great 8: Top Entrepreneur Forums on the Web
- How Does Piggybacking Work?
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: Brian Wong
- Dankwambo urges PDP forum to promote unity
- Sienna Miller Joins THE CHILDREN’S MONOLOGUES Benefit for Dramatic Need & Carnegie Hall
- Harvard School of Public Health to hold discrimination forum
- Facebook to train thousands of schoolchildren on cyber bullying
I’m sure you have a bright idea hidden somewhere in the back of your mind that you just can’t wait to test out. Of course you’re not the only one with the bright idea. So what motivates you to churn those creative, get you thinking, or even inspiring juices to its utmost flavor?
It’s always best to set up a personal goal where you can accomplish the most in record time, maybe like mowing the lawn in an hour before the big game on TV. A correct and positive attitude in whatever you do will make things easier, and even enjoyable.
Here are some tips to make it through the week even if you’re just sitting in your favorite couch. An idea takes time to form in your head and is always at work while you are busy sitting.
Having a bit of positive thinking can help you realize things that are never thought possible. Thinking big is indeed the American Way and that what made our country prosperous.
1. Take passionate action towards living your life by design. Talk is cheap. Action = deposits in the bank of a passionately authentic future. Without it, passion is void.
This is a perfect example where dreams are made of where you start by tinkering with your mind, then with your hands. And if the idea weakens, you can always go back to it later until you finish it.
2. Commit to yourself as well as those you love to create powerfully a life you can love. Instead of reacting, commit to creating from your heart and soul, out of love rather than fear. The American Dream will always be there, but a dream will still be a dream without motion. Be amazed as the transformation begins.
3. Recognize and embrace the thought that each moment is perfect regardless of its outcome. Every time you hit on something that may appear too extreme, why not give it a shot and see if it will work. You will be surprised to see of there are other ways to get the task done in time. If you are not pleased with the outcome, decide to use that moment to learn from and make the appropriate shift.
4. Dwell completely in a place of gratitude. Learn to utilize what you have in your hands and make use of it in the most constructive way. Slipping into neediness will become less of a habit when you repeatedly shift towards gratitude, away from poverty consciousness.
5. Use a Passion Formula of Recognize/Reevaluate/Restore in place of the Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda whirlwind. The former is based in increased knowledge and abundance while the latter focuses on scarcity and lack. As you face people or tasks that may seem harder than scaling the summit of the Himalayas, allow yourself to realize that the task is just as important as giving out orders to your subordinates. You would rather be richly passionate!
6. Keep humor at the forefront of thought, laughing at and with yourself when possible. You may find yourself quite entertaining when you loosen up! I am yet to see a comedian ever go hungry even though his jokes are as ‘old as great-grandma’. Life has so much to offer to allow you to mope around in self pity. Humor is very attractive, very passionate: life-giving.
7. Believe that you are the architect of your destiny. No one can take your passionate future from you except for you! Create your life authentically. As long as there’s still breath in your body, there is no end to how much you can accomplish in a lifetime. The concept of thinking big is all about enjoying your work, which would lead to celebrate a discovery that is born within your hands. Watch everything flow into place with perfect, passionate precision.
It’s interesting how people get wallowed up by something trivial as learning to use a computer, when nowadays that top computer companies are manufacturing software that even the kids can do it. I don’t mean to be condescending, but that’s the idea of not having any positive thinking in your life-you’ll just end up as a dim bulb in a dark corner. So instead of subjecting yourself to what you will be doomed for, make your path by taking the first step with a positive attitude.
- Why a tiny plane is the best way to climb Mount Everest
- Indian forces kill ‘wanted’ JeM militant leader in held Kashmir
- Why These Finalists: First night of panelists compare juror selections with public finalists
- Demi Lovato Says She’s Open To Dating Men And Women
- The 12 movies with the best cinematography of all time
Networking is the business 101. It is the act of forming business relationships where you can share ideas and seek potential partners for future business ventures. If you’re not networking, then you’re missing out on a great tool for your business that could help you become more knowledgeable, gain new clients, and spread the word about your business.
Here are nine reasons why you should be networking for your business.
1. Increased business – This is the most obvious reason why people network in their business. When you get other business leads through networking, you can believe that they are going to be high quality leads. These leads can be turned into clients.
- Networking opens many doors – When you network, you are opening yourself up for opportunities that you wouldn’t have otherwise had. Partnerships, joint ventures, speaking engagements, increased sales, and client leads are some of the doors that will be opened to you.
Stick with the opportunities that align best with your business and its goals, though, otherwise you’ll find yourself chasing rainbows instead and not really growing your business after all.
- Business contacts – As they say in business: it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. When you connect with other people, you open yourself and your business up to so many different resources. Not only do you get the person or company you network with, but you also get all of the people that individual or company have created a network with.
Having multiple groups of people you can rely on in your time of need, is important to getting things done and getting them done right the first time.
- Advisors – The people you network with are likely a wealth of knowledge. You can learn so much from your network if you take advantage of it. Make sure who you speak with understands you and your goals and is looking forward to helping you achieve them, without stepping on anyone’s head while doing it.
Becoming known – When you network and get your face and your name out there in the industry, you become a well-known household name. After attending some business meetings, you can begin to show yourself to be an expert in your field, thereby boosting your reputation.
Stay positive – You want to surround yourself with positive people. Having a network of like-minded, supportive, and positive people has a tendency to rub off on you. It can only help you grow and thrive as a business owner.
A confidence builder – If you’re always getting out there and networking, it will eventually build your confidence. You’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll become an old pro at networking. The more you do something, the better you get, so don’t give up on it.
Friendships – It might be surprising to see how quickly you can befriend someone who has so many business interests in common with you.
Helping others – Remember, you’re not the only one networking when you meet a new person. This means that you could be that expert on that one thing that no one else is, and you’ll take pride in knowing you helped grow your industry.
Networking is important for any business. What are your networking tips?
- Facebook exec Sheryl Sandberg creates new scholarship to honor her late husband
- Using a robust platform for cyber threat analysis training
- How To Mobilize Other Local Businesses and Elevate Your Standing in the Community
- Government faces EU scrutiny over ‘illegal state aid’ of BT in push for ultrafast broadband
- Stolt-Nielsen’s Profit Down
- Apple Considered Buying Medical Clinic Startup Crossover Health
- NNPC $25bn contract: Osinbajo disowns aide
Many companies employ people to take a survey and reflect on product performance. Often you will register at malls or other places such as the Internet and the company will contact you when they have products and services they need reviewed, or surveys they need completed. This has been an ongoing part of business for many years now.
Today, things have become more convenient. Surveys can be designed and posted online. The incentive stays the same though, as money is a great lure. Now with the Internet, the marketing companies are able to reach more people, produce more surveys, and thus, pay more people. This makes taking surveys, another great option for at home moms looking to earn money.
Survey options abound online, but only a few are real. There are several things these companies have in common. The first is that registration is required before you are paid for the surveys. You will need to disclose some important information. This would include name, address, and home phone number. This will enable them to contact you regarding any personal survey options. This also gives them a place to mail checks, if that is the payout option of choice. If you are not registered at a site to take the surveys, you are not working for a company that will pay you money, and you may be at a scam site.
There will also be a need to file the W-9 tax information for United States residents. This will be due to filing taxes. Not every company will be filing taxes on every survey taker, but many have limits that if surpassed, they do. This will enable the paperwork to be filed for you, should it become needed. If this is the case, they will provide you with either a 1099 or a W2. Each company being uniquely designed, they will disclose this information to you, once you are a registered and an active survey participant.
Another component to identifying if a site is a real marketing company that conducts surveys is through the contact information on the site. They should provide an email address, postal address and phone number. Call the phone number, if it has several phone options, find the one that best fits customer service, or survey questions. Ask them about the years they have been in business, and about how many surveys they conduct on a regular basis. This is important information that will tell you if this company is legitimate or not.
The surveys are often only available for predetermined periods of time. This enables an accurate and timely sampling of the pool in question. From deadline to presentation, the results are analyzed and prepared for presentation to the company they are surveying. With that information, the marketing company is able to formulate the vital responses a company needs to create a better product or service.
Most survey companies will announce the availabilities to you through your email. This means your email account needs to be active. You may want to have a business email account. By limiting your business contacts to one email address, you are able to register for as many companies as you would like to, and be able to find the emails, without the need to sort through personal email.
As with many other jobs available online, it is something that can be done within the confines of your everyday life. As long as deadlines are met, you are able to complete as many or as few surveys as you so desire.
I seem to lost count on how many times I’ve read and heard of celebrity marriages failing almost left and right. Not that I care (and personally I don’t), it seems strange that we often see movie and TV stars as flawless people, at levels we garner our improvement, living the fairy-tale life of riches and glamour. I suppose we all have to stop sticking our heads in the clouds and face reality.
There are many ways to lose your sense of self-esteem despite of how trivial it could get. But whatever happens, we should all try not to lose our own sense of self.
So what does it take to be a cut above the rest? Here are some of the things you can think and improve on that should be enough for a week.
1. Know your purpose
Are you wandering through life with little direction – hoping that you’ll find happiness, health and prosperity? Identify your life purpose or mission statement and you will have your own unique compass that will lead you to your truth north every time.
This may seem tricky at first when you see yourself to be in a tight or even dead end. But there’s always that little loophole to turn things around and you can make a big difference to yourself.
2. Know your values
What do you value most? Make a list of your top 5 values. Some examples are security, freedom, family, spiritual development, learning. As you set your goals for 2005 – check your goals against your values. If the goal doesn’t align with any of your top five values – you may want to reconsider it or revise it.
The number shouldn’t discourage you, instead it should motivate you to do more than you can ever dreamed of.
3. Know your needs
Unmet needs can keep you from living authentically. Take care of yourself. Do you have a need to be acknowledged, to be right, to be in control, to be loved? There are so many people who lived their lives without realizing their dreams and most of them end up being stressed or even depressed for that matter. List your top four needs and get them met before it’s too late!
4. Know your passions
You know who you are and what you truly enjoy in life. Obstacles like doubt and lack of enthusiasm will only hinder you, but will not derail your chance to become the person you ought to be. Express yourself and honor the people who has inspired you to become the very person you wanted to be.
5. Live from the inside out
Increase your awareness of your inner wisdom by regularly reflecting in silence. Commune with nature. Breathe deeply to quiet your distracted mind. For most of us city slickers it’s hard to even find the peace and quiet we want even in our own home. In my case I often just sit in a dimly lit room and play some classical music. There’s sound, yes, but music does soothe the savage beast.
6. Honor your strengths
What are your positive traits? What special talents do you have? List three – if you get stuck, ask those closest to you to help identify these. Are you imaginative, witty, good with your hands? Find ways to express your authentic self through your strengths. You can increase your self-confidence when you can share what you know to others.
7. Serve others
When you live authentically, you may find that you develop an interconnected sense of being. When you are true to who you are, living your purpose and giving of your talents to the world around you, you give back in service what you came to share with others -your spirit – your essence. The rewards for sharing your gift with those close to you is indeed rewarding, much more if it were to be the eyes of a stranger who can appreciate what you have done to them.
Self-improvement is indeed one type of work that is worth it. It shouldn’t always be within the confines of an office building, or maybe in the four corners of your own room. The difference lies within ourselves and how much we want to change for the better.
- Mental effects of bullying largely gone after five years, major study shows
- The 15 Best Architects in San Jose, CA
- Dear Warrior, Breathe.
- 4 Tips for Handling Rejection in Your Business
- Are you getting your classical music ‘one-a-day’?
Smartphone are certainly a great invention that saves a lot of time and keeps people connected in ways thought of only in movies and TV shows like Star Trek. But, most people aren’t captains of space ships. They’re just average people with normal jobs using smartphones for entertainment purposes.
Here are signs that it might be time to cut down on the amount of time you spend using your smartphone.
- You Check Your Device First Thing – Do you wake up and grab your smartphone before you even get out of bed, so you can check up on your friends and see what they’re doing? If you’re signing on to Facebook before you even get out of bed in the morning, you may have a problem.
You Don’t Pay Attention during Family Meals – Do you have the opportunity to spend time with real life family and when you do, you’re always looking down at your phone? Do you continuously share images of your food, and other things without fully being present with your family? If you do this, you’re too dependent and maybe even addicted to the continuous stimulation of technology.
You Don’t Fully Participate in Events – You are invited to a live ball game, a live play, to go bowling, or do things that you (in theory) enjoy doing, but you’re not paying attention because you’re too busy with your smartphone. If you’re not taking the time to fully participate with people when they’re right with you, and in doing events without the intrusion of electronics, this is a sign you’re too dependent.
You Use Your Device in the Bathroom – Ever wonder why so many people drop their phones in the toilet? Well, that’s because they’re using their phones in the bathroom. Unless you’re out and about, there is absolutely no reason your phone should be with you in the bathroom. If you’re out and about, the phone should be stored someplace safely so that there is no chance for it to fall in the germy toilet.
You Report Daily Minutia to Everyone – If you’re taking pictures of every meal you eat (not just a special occasion meal), and you’re not a food blogger or a travel blogger, then you might not actually be enjoying your food as much as you could if you didn’t do that. You don’t need to share every aspect of your life with everyone. No one cares if you had Campbell’s soup for dinner.
You Refuse to Turn Your Phone Off at Night – Getting a good night’s sleep is imperative if you want to be able to function properly during the day. But, many people are so dependent on their smartphones that they don’t even turn them off while they’re sleeping. This is terrible for your ability to sleep peacefully in the night. Even if you don’t consciously remember hearing the phone, it still adversely affects your sleep cycles.
Your Eyes Hurt – Many people today suffer from seriously dry and painful eyes due to spending too much time in front of screens. Screens like TVs, smartphones and computers put off blue light that is damaging to your eyes and can affect your circadian rhythm, causing many people to have serious sleep disturbances like insomnia at night and sleepiness during the day.
If It Breaks You Can’t Find Your Mom’s Phone Number – Many people have their entire lives inside their smartphone. If they lose it, they don’t even know their mom’s phone number. If you have that problem, you need to be sure to back up any information to the cloud, or on paper so that you won’t be stranded if you find yourself without a phone in a strange place.
These are all signs that you may need to find a way to take a break from your smartphone. Of course, everyone needs their smartphones these days for traveling, to be able to call for help and even for banking or work. Therefore, you don’t need to get rid of it entirely. However, you should find ways to use it appropriately so that you’re not as dependent on your smartphone.
- Theme Park Checklist for a Carefree Vacation
- Voice Mail When You Need It
- How I cured my tech fatigue by ditching feeds
- Google’s new headphones have a universal translator feature for 40 languages – and I got to try it (GOOG, GOOGL)
- Niantic Says They Are Working To Improve EX Raid Battles In Pokémon GO
- In India, Xiaomi takes aim at Samsung with fancier phones
- Best Android phones you can buy [October 2017]
Companies are always looking for moms to review products that are for the house, the kids or even for pets. Some of the top companies in the world ask moms to use their products and either write a review for their website of choice or they ask them to write a review and post it one their websites or blogs with a link back to the product. These reviews pay very good money and you get to keep the product you have reviewed. Even computer manufacturers have products for reviewing.
Companies will pay moms for testing products that are new to the market or even some products that have been around a while but might not be selling as good as the company would like. Many mom bloggers write reviews for the customer and post the reviews on their blogs or websites with a link back to the company link. Some moms then hold contests and give away the products that they have tested. This helps the company even more. Some companies even send out a test product for the mom and one that she can host as a giveaway.
Different Products to Review
By signing up at some of the websites around the Internet, you are put on a list to review products. Moms have been known to test computer products, food products, baby toys, kid’s activity games, cookware, bakeware, culinary essentials and bath supplies. These items are sent to you in the mail and you are given so long to use them and then post a review. If the item is new, this will help the company know the ease of use and how the average mom likes the product.
This is important for every company. Moms are the ones who normally buy things for the house and the kid’s. By having a mom review the products, the company is getting first hand information as to how well the product is liked. If you have twenty moms reviewing a product and half of them do not like it, then you have to figure out what to do to make the product better or maybe even lower the price.
Moms can work for companies that pay actual money or they can work for companies that allow you to keep the product without a payment. You might wonder how you make money working at home, if you are not paid for the review. The answer is easy. You sell the product on an auction site. There are many products that are new to the market every day and people are always looking to be the first one to have something.
This is especially true for countries other than the United States. These countries usually cannot get the same products that you can in the US, so they look for items on auctions sites. These items can sell for triple the value. This is just another way to make money and you can use your review as a way to sell the item.
If you are looking for a way to work at home and make some money, this is a great way to do so. Some moms find review sites where they can review things that they have used in the past and make anywhere from two to ten dollars per review as well. There are so many options for reviewers on the Internet.
How many times have you gone to sleep at night, swearing you’ll go to the gym in the morning, and then changing your mind just eight hours later because when you get up, you don’t feel like exercising? Knowing it is one of the keys to a healthy life….
While this can happen to the best of us, it doesn’t mean you should drop the ball altogether when it comes to staying fit. What people need to realize is that staying active and eating right are critical for long-term health and wellness — and that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The more you know about how your body responds to your lifestyle choices, the better you can customize a nutrition and exercise plan that is right for you.
When you eat well, increase your level of physical activity, and exercise at the proper intensity, you are informing your body that you want to burn a substantial amount of fuel. This translates to burning fat more efficiently for energy.
In other words, proper eating habits plus exercise equals fast metabolism, which, in turn gives you more energy throughout the day and allows you to do more physical work with less effort.
The true purpose of exercise is to send a repetitive message to the body asking for improvement in metabolism, strength, aerobic capacity and overall fitness and health. Each time you exercise, your body responds by upgrading its capabilities to burn fat throughout the day and night, Exercise doesn’t have to be intense to work for you, but it does need to be consistent.
I recommend engaging in regular cardiovascular exercise four times per week for 20 to 30 minutes per session, and resistance training four times per week for 20 to 25 minutes per session. This balanced approach provides a one-two punch, incorporating aerobic exercise to burn fat and deliver more oxygen, and resistance training to increase lean body mass and burn more calories around the block.
Here’s a sample exercise program that may work for you:
* Warm Up — seven to eight minutes of light aerobic activity intended to increase blood flow and lubricate and warm-up your tendons and joints.
* Resistance Training — Train all major muscle groups. One to two sets of each exercise. Rest 45 seconds between sets.
* Aerobic Exercise — Pick two favorite activities, they could be jogging, rowing, biking or cross-country skiing, whatever fits your lifestyle. Perform 12 to 15 minutes of the first activity and continue with 10 minutes of the second activity. Cool down during the last five minutes.
* Stretching — Wrap up your exercise session by stretching, breathing deeply, relaxing and meditating.
When starting an exercise program, it is important to have realistic expectations. Depending on your initial fitness level, you should expect the following changes early on.
* From one to eight weeks — Feel better and have more energy.
* From two to six months — Lose size and inches while becoming leaner. Clothes begin to fit more loosely. You are gaining muscle and losing fat.
* After six months — Start losing weight quite rapidly.
Once you make the commitment to exercise several times a week, don’t stop there. You should also change your diet and/or eating habits,’ says Zwiefel. Counting calories or calculating grams and percentages for certain nutrients is impractical. Instead, I suggest these easy-to-follow guidelines:
- Eat several small meals (optimally four) and a couple of small snacks throughout the day
- Make sure every meal is balanced — incorporate palm-sized proteins like lean meats, fish, egg whites and dairy products, fist-sized portions of complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat bread and pasta, wild rice, multigrain cereal and potatoes, and fist-sized portions of vegetable and fruits
- Limit your fat intake to only what’s necessary for adequate flavor
- Drink at least eight 8-oz. glasses of water throughout the day
- I also recommend that you take a multi-vitamin each day to ensure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
I suppose that’s all I can think of for now. I should extend my thanks to a doctor friend of mine. Without him, I wouldn’t be able to write this article, or keep my sanity.
Enjoy life, we all deserve it.
There are a lot of time wasters in life and sometimes it feels like emails is one of them. There is so much spam and information (albeit useful) that there is no way for a person to ingest every bit of it. Even if you delete your spam, there is still a lot left over that can be difficult to manage. But, you can get a handle on your email with these tips.
- Check Your Email on Schedule – Depending on your responsibilities, it’s best to check your email from one to three times a day at regular times. For example, check your email in the morning, in the afternoon, and then before you get off work or before you go to bed depending on your needs. Fewer trips to your inbox mean less wasted time.
- Unsubscribe from Newsletters You Don’t Read – All of us have signed up for various newsletters that are full of information that we know we’d love to read about. But, we don’t read it. We just save it in the email software, causing us to miss out on other important messages that we do need to read. If you’ve not read information from anyone you’ve signed up for within 30 days, delete them all and unsubscribe from the lists.
Create a “Spam” Address – This is an email address that you’re going to check on either a weekly or monthly basis – one that you’ll use for any business for which you don’t know anyone personally and you order from them on occasion, or for when you sign up to get a freebie and you know you likely won’t have time to read the messages. That leaves your regular email address cleaner.
Reply, Schedule, Delete, Save – It might be tempting, but you don’t have to reply to every single email. When you open an email, if you can answer it right away with the information that is needed, do it right then. If you can’t, put it in a “reply by date” folder. So, with each email, you should be able to reply, schedule a reply or delete it. There will be very few emails that meet the “save to read later” category. Ensure that you are very picky about this. If it’s not something you know you can act on, delete it. Delete your saved emails every thirty days.
Extract Important Info – Instead of leaving emails in your box to save the important information, extract the info and put it into a database. If it’s really needed, then you’ll go through the effort. If it’s not needed but you think you should save it “just in case”, then you should just delete it.
Set Up a Shopping Folder – When you shop online, you’ll get a lot of receipts and you may need to save them for tax purposes. If so, set up a folder for receipts to go into, with the tax year on it; for example 2017. Then filter all receipts into that folder. That way you’ll have any receipts handy when you need them.
Use an Autoresponder – Even in your regular email you can set up an autoresponder that explains to people that you answer emails at particular times of the day. That way, if something is important they’ll pick up the phone to call you instead of sending an email. Also, with an autoresponder, you can schedule emails you want to send later. A good one to try for Gmail is Boomerang. http://www.boomeranggmail.com/
Set Up Filters – Most email programs can filter information so that before you even look it’s labeled a certain way. That way you can manage the email correctly. There are some emails you simply don’t need to open and read. This way you can delete them more easily and see the important messages faster. For example, you can filter messages that have certain words to be labeled with that word, so you can search that word and answer them faster or delete.
- Honolulu store owners say thieves are targeting cans of Spam
- How to check if someone has read your email
- How to Save by Building Your Business in the Cloud
- How A Spam Filter Sent a Shock Through The Maker Of Tasers
- How to Save and Extract Layers from a Composite Image in Photoshop
- Much more going on in Chapel Hill than the Tar Heels
- Trump officials and lawyers keep falling for a basic email prank – here’s how to avoid getting scammed by a stranger
If you are looking for a way to make money every day doing just a few hours of work, a press release writer is what you need to do. Although, writing a press release takes some skill, if you are a writer, you can learn to write the press release by studying all the materials about writing effective press releases. This is not the same as writing an article. These releases are submitted to pres release directories and detail the news about a new product or the launching of a website.
As a press release writer, you can expect to be paid no less than fifty dollars and as much as one hundred dollars or more. Some customers will ask for this type of writing for less, but if you have the experience and your releases are of quality materials, you should hold out for more than a few dollars. There is a lot of work entailed when writing this type of release. You have to have all the pertinent information about the owner and the company as well as the details about the product or the new website. As long as you have a good writing style, there is no reason to work for less money.
Some customers will pay more money if you submit these press releases to press directories for them. This is a very easy task to do as long as they give you the sites or you have a list of press release sites already. If you do not have a list, you can find them on the Internet by doing a Google search for press release directories. Once you see how easy it is to submit the press release, you may want to include this with your service for a fee.
Moms that work at home enjoy doing one or two press releases a day because they take less time away from the family. You could write one release in as little as two hours if your typing is fast. You should always have the needed information to include in the press release from the customer. Then, all you need to do is write a compelling press release announcing the company or product.
If you do just two a day, you can expect to make at least one hundred dollars a day or more depending on your price. This means that you can make a great income and still have plenty of time for the kids and their activities. Most moms that do press releases enjoy the work they do because they are helping create a stream of visitors to a product or website. They take pride in their work and do not provide anything less than quality releases.
If you would like to write press releases, you need to know what a release sounds like, how it is formatted and how it is used to promote a product or a website. You should look at sample press releases to get an idea about what the length should be and how to start the release. It is important that you do everything correctly when writing the press release. Everyone in the business world will see these articles. They have to be professional.
If you are just starting out writing press releases, you make want to join a forum or two to get some quality information about how to write a press release and what the standards are for charging the client. You want to make the most money for your work.
Meditation refers to a state where your body and mind are consciously relaxed and focused. Practitioners of this art report increased awareness, focus, and concentration, as well as a more positive outlook in life.
Meditation is most commonly associated with monks, mystics and other spiritual disciplines. However, you don’t have to be a monk or mystic to enjoy its benefits. And you don’t even have to be in a special place to practice it. You could even try it in your own living room!
Although there are many different approaches to meditation, the fundamental principles remain the same. The most important among these principles is that of removing obstructive, negative, and wandering thoughts and fantasies, and calming the mind with a deep sense of focus. This clears the mind of debris and prepares it for a higher quality of activity.
The negative thoughts you have – those of noisy neighbors, bossy officemates, that parking ticket you got, and unwanted spam– are said to contribute to the ‘polluting’ of the mind, and shutting them out is allows for the ‘cleansing’ of the mind so that it may focus on deeper, more meaningful thoughts.
Some practitioners even shut out all sensory input – no sights, no sounds, and nothing to touch – and try to detach themselves from the commotion around them. You may now focus on a deep, profound thought if this is your goal. It may seem deafening at first, since we are all too accustomed to constantly hearing and seeing things, but as you continue this exercise you will find yourself becoming more aware of everything around you.
If you find the meditating positions you see on television threatening – those with impossibly arched backs, and painful-looking contortions – you need not worry. The principle here is to be in a comfortable position conducive to concentration. This may be while sitting cross-legged, standing, lying down, and even walking.
If the position allows you to relax and focus, then that would be a good starting point. While sitting or standing, the back should be straight, but not tense or tight. In other positions, the only no-no is slouching and falling asleep.
Loose, comfortable clothes help a lot in the process since tight fitting clothes have a tendency to choke you up and make you feel tense.
The place you perform meditation should have a soothing atmosphere. It may be in your living room, or bedroom, or any place that you feel comfortable in. You might want an exercise mat if you plan to take on the more challenging positions (if you feel more focused doing so, and if the contortionist in you is screaming for release). You may want to have the place arranged so that it is soothing to your senses.
Silence helps most people relax and meditate, so you may want a quiet, isolated area far from the ringing of the phone or the humming of the washing machine. Pleasing scents also help in that regard, so stocking up on aromatic candles isn’t such a bad idea either.
The monks you see on television making those monotonous sounds are actually performing their mantra. This, in simple terms, is a short creed, a simple sound which, for these practitioners, holds a mystic value.
You do not need to perform such; however, it would pay to note that focusing on repeated actions such as breathing, and humming help the practitioner enter a higher state of consciousness.
The principle here is focus. You could also try focusing on a certain object or thought, or even, while keeping your eyes open, focus on a single sight.
One sample routine would be to – while in a meditative state – silently name every part of you body and focusing your consciousness on that part. While doing this you should be aware of any tension on any part of your body. Mentally visualize releasing this tension. It works wonders.
In all, meditation is a relatively risk-free practice and its benefits are well worth the effort (or non-effort – remember we’re relaxing).
Studies have shown that meditation does bring about beneficial physiologic effects to the body. And there has been a growing consensus in the medical community to further study the effects of such. So in the near future, who knows, that mystical, esoteric thing we call meditation might become a science itself!
- Meditation at Home: A Space for Stillness
- 6 Meditation Room Decorating Ideas From Expert Interior Designers
- 4 Ways Your Home Can Make You Happier
- 4 Ways To Cope After Witnessing Violence
- I spent 10 days using the popular mindfulness app Headspace – this is what it’s like